Monday, March 7, 2011

Odd Finds In Odd Places

It's rare when a posting on a fishing blog starts with "This morning, while grocery shopping", but this is one of them.  You see, I live way out here.  I like it, one of the cool things is that we have a super Walmart -quit rolling your eyes...-.  I usually cruise by the sporting goods section just because I can and noticed that they had changed the layout of the fishing section.

I grunted a little, that indifferent, lackadaisical response that says "Dang.  I'm going to have to go through it all again" in one cohesive sound.  I started moving on and a yellow box caught my eye.  It said Strike King.  Square bill.  1.5.  KVD  "I thought these were sold out everywhere".  So, I decided for $5.5something that I'd pick a few up.  I wasn't planning on picking up any cranks until the Northwest Sportshow in March/April so it was completely spur of the moment, but it goes to show you that when everyone else is sold out that you can find things where you least expect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment