Sunday, June 24, 2012

The New Abu Garcia Revo

I had my first experience with one of Abu Garcia's Revo reels shortly after they came out.  My cousin's husband, who works for Pure Fishing, brought a couple of demos out to South Dakota when we were there for their son's wedding.  We spent 20-30 minutes up by the hotel casting chunks of lead, staring at the Missouri River wishing that we were on the water instead of wearing suits and tuxes.  Within a year, I had got my first Revo STX.

In the time since then, it's become my go to reel for just about everything.  It casts as far today as it did the day I took it out of the box and is every bit as smooth.  I can cast little 1/8oz Beetle Spins on up to heavier 1oz cranks.

Now I hear that Abu Garcia is rebooting it's lineup of Revo reels and I'm excited!  Here's a promo vid for those who haven't seen it yet:



I'm looking forward to this fall when I can get my hands on the new STX.  Until then, the old models are on sale for a pretty decent price cut and I'm thinking I'll have to pick one or two up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment