Sunday, August 19, 2012

Flying Solo.

I finally made it out for my first solo trip of the year on Friday.  With the cold front that came through I was wondering if it would be worth ignoring things that needed to be done at home in order to make the trip to Hugo.  When I got to the lake, there were slight wisps of fog coming off the water yet.  The only thing surprising about that is that there wasn't more fog, given the morning low of 48°.  What did surprise me was how far the water temp had dropped.  From 82-85° a few weeks ago to 70°. 

Well, needless to say, it was tough.  I worked a swim jig most of the time looking for fish and had a few bites.  Mostly small 8-10" fish with my best measuring out at 16".  I found a small school that I worked with weightless Ring Frys but again, no quality bites.  I also spent some time experimenting with the North Star Custom Baits Flip n Swim jig, which was an interesting experience.  I'll detail that in another post once I've had more time to play with them.

Evidence of a fun morning, or rather, time well spent:

No comments:

Post a Comment