Saturday, October 20, 2012

Singled Out

I know I've been slacking and I'm a little late to the party on this one, but MNAngler has issued another challenge in the Avid Angler Challenge series and I've taken up the call.  This one is taking the five lure challenge and whittling it down to only one.

This was a fairly simple decision for me, and for anyone who's followed this blog for any amount of time, you have probably already guessed that I would choose the swim jig, since size, color, and brand are unrestricted I am assuming that I get carte-blanche across the entire swim jig selection.  My trailer would be a four inch grub, probably single tail.

Why:

Well, as I said in the last challenge, I usually fish water that is clear in the spring and turns to a pea soup consistency as the summer progresses.  Natural bluegill and crappie colors usually work well for me throughout the year.  I can drag it, skip it (with a spinning reel, err..  Kinda.), pitch it, and pull it through veggies.

But the real bottom line on this choice is that it fits my style the most closely - right now.  It may be a whole different ball game next year, so, I'm thinking that we'll have to revisit these two lists in a years time and see what's changed and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment